Head of Threat Research
21st Nov 2018 / 10:32
Type: Full Time
Salary: Highly Competitive Salary
Netacea is looking for a Head of Threat Research to establish and grow their Netacea Threat Labs. Netacea Threat Labs are focused on expanding Netacea’s expertise in the area of automated threat analysis for website traffic.
The primary duty of this role is to ensure that the security challenges facing our customers (and those they may face in future) are well defined and understood and are effectively communicated to our product development and operations team to ensure they are integrated effectively into our product and customer support.
This communication should also be carried on to our Sales and Marketing team and to public forums in an appropriate form. The role will also ensure that any threats faced by Netacea directly are understood and will work closely with the operations team to ensure that they are effectively mitigated.
Netacea sets a standard of excellence in everything we do publicly and privately and this role will be focused on ensuring that our Threat Research efforts meet that standard.
- Understand the threat landscape (existing, emerging and potential) faced by Netacea and our customers
- Identify, understand and communicate intelligence threats and mitigations
- Will develop internal tools to mature threat analysis and data harvesting Use open source intelligence feeds and collaboration with partners to share in
- Actively research emerging threat types
- Co-ordination with Product Development to ensure that threats and mitigations defined are understood and effectively integrated into products
- Work with product development team to create requirements for intelligence gathering and analytics within products
- Co-ordination between threat analysis and operations to ensure threats are being mitigated
- Serve as a recognised expert in area of cyber intelligence
- Will liaise with fellow industry professionals to understand communicate thoughts on cyber threat initiatives across the industry
- Communication to senior leadership and other stakeholders about cyber threats and effective counter measures
- Have extensive real world experience of identifying and mitigating web based cyber threats
- Understand terminology and tactics employed by threat actors
- Security qualifications CISSP, GIAC, GCIA, SANS etc preferred but not essential
- Enjoy and excel at learning skills quickly and thoroughly
- Enjoy sharing knowledge to improve others and the busienss
- Enjoys running a visible program and will consult and advise diverse stakeholders
- Will be an independent thinker who can find innovative and industry leading ideas in threat research in the area of web security
- Be recognised as a thought leader in the industry
- Have innovative ideas and confidence to promote and share but willingness to learn from peers
- Have ability to implement ideas into actionable output
Netacea is one of the most exciting tech companies in Manchester, aiming to take on Silicon Valley from the heart of Manchester.
Professional Tech Environment: we work in small Agile teams to create highly advanced machine learning software for our Enterprise customers.
Technical Innovation and Engineering Prowess: Our world class development team is building true innovative product with the latest machine learning and big data tech stacks. With provide on the job mentoring to take your professional skills and test them to the next level.
Autonony: we trust our people to do the right thing.
Flexible working with Flexitime: we trust people to do the right thing and don’t watch the clock, so you carry over hours or plan a school pickup.
City Centre: We are based conveniently right in the heart of Manchester.
Social Events: Summer BBQ and Christmas Party, plus monthly events organised by our Social Committee.
Lunch & Learn: listen to and learn from people talking about a topic they are passionate about, or host one yourself in whilst lunching on yummy pizza.
Great career progression: as a fast-growing company, there is plenty of opportunity to show what you can do.
We value technical skills for their own sake: you don’t have to go into management to get on
Have your voice heard: with a small squad teams are big enough to be supportive but small enough for everyone to be heard.
Company funded medical benefit
Life assurance: four times your salary for your beneficiaries
25 days holiday: (plus bank holidays)
Cycle to work scheme
Free food: breakfast, fruit and snacks
Please note, agency applications will not be responded to.