Product Marketing Director
10th Mar 2021 / 17:50
Location: Flexible location
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Netacea is a Manchester based business providing a revolutionary bot management solution that protects websites, mobile apps and APIs from malicious attacks such as scraping, credential stuffing and account takeover.
Due to our continued growth we are looking for a Product Marketing Director to join our expanding sales and marketing team
We provide a service that is unsurpassed in the ever-growing field of cybersecurity. Already identifying and mitigating the threat of Bots for some of the largest companies in the UK, Netacea is growing at speed and requires professional employees that thrive in a fast-moving environment.
About the Role
Netacea are looking for an experienced product marketeer to join the senior team to drive the global expansion of their market leading cyber security tool. This high-profile role will be responsible for understanding the market, our competitors and the needs of our potential customers and translating the technical concepts and features of our product into clear, differentiated and compelling messaging and positioning that will form the basis of all outbound marketing and sales activity, as well as internal communication and training about product differentiators. Working closely with the senior team as well as the sales, marketing and product management function, this role will ensure that there is a good cross functional adoption of the product messaging defined.
The role requires the ability to gain a deep understanding of our product and the needs of users and the value Netacea can provide and to be able to communicate those in a way that will resonate with customers.
The required person will be experienced in working in product marketing for enterprise cybersecurity, infrastructure, networking or software solutions, ideally in a B2B SaaS business. They should be inquisitive about the market, enjoy technology and be comfortable with understanding complex technical solutions. This is a hands-on role, starting as an individual role, with the possibility of expanding to be a larger team in future.
Why work for us?
We are a team and as such we take pride in being an open and flexible business. We are passionate about delivering great results for our clients – you will play a key role in helping to shape the future of our business moving forward.
- Position the product : Create a product positioning strategy that clearly differentiates our product in the market taking into account factors such as company strategy, target customers, product market fit and the competitive landscape
- Tell the product story : Create a messaging strategy for the product that clearly differentiates the product from competitors and effectively communicates product value to potential customers. Ensure that product messaging is effectively differentiated between different Netacea product offerings.Test and validate product messaging with target customers
- Communicate the message : Work with the sales and marketing team to create a library of sales collateral that communicates this messaging across the full customer engagement lifecycle – website, data sheets, videos, sales presentations etc, ensuring that standard messaging is being used across all customer interactions.
- Be the expert on competition : Follow and understand the products offered by competitors, how our product is differentiated and identify gaps that should be addressed.
- Be the expert on customers & potential customers : Complete customer research to identify customer needs and pain points, buying habits and define customer personas and segmentation.
- Be an expert on the market : Understand market sizing and trends and how they will impact product marketing and sales
- Build product pricing strategy : Work with the Sales and Product team to define product packaging and pricing strategies to optimise customer acquisition, retention and profitability
- Analyst Relations : Engage with key industry analysts
- Collaboration : Work closely with sales, marketing, customer success and product team to ensure that the product marketing and messaging is effectively understood and accepted across the business
- Product Improvement : Work closely with product team to input into the product roadmap acting as the voice of the customer
- Go to market : Work with sales, marketing and product team to develop go to market strategies for new product features and evangelize new features internally to ensure full understanding of the value they add to the product
- Proven record of success in product marketing in a relevant sector – enterprise cybersecurity infrastructure, networking or software solutions, ideally in a B2B SaaS business
- Comfortable working with complex technical information and challenges and engaging with a technical audience
- Hands on experience of creating product marketing strategies, product positioning and messaging
- Experience of market, competitor and customer research
- Excellent communication skills to engage with range of stakeholders, internal and external
- Confident and enthusiastic presenter and communicator
- Able to convert complex concepts into simple engaging messages – both written and visual
- Familiar with marketing to enterprise and ME customers
- Experience working in a start-up/growth environment
- Experience working in an evolving market
- Bachelors degree
- A self starter with a desire to get things done
- Someone who enjoys working creatively on high level strategy and also executing that strategy
- Comfortable working in a start-up/growth environment
Perks of the job
- Flexible working: we trust people to do the right thing and don’t watch the clock.
- Social Events: Summer BBQ and Christmas Party, plus monthly events organised by our Social Committee.
- Free food: breakfast, fruit and snacks.
- Lunch & Learn: listen to and learn from people talking about a topic they are passionate about, or host one yourself in whilst grabbing a free lunch.
- Onsite hot drinks machine – enjoy your premium hot drink free of charge!
- Private medical insurance.
- Real career progression: as a fast-growing company, there is plenty of opportunity to learn from others and show what you can do.
- Life assurance: four times your salary for your beneficiaries.
- 25 days holiday: (plus bank holidays).
- Cycle to work scheme.
- We’re a team and therefore value technical skills for their own sake: you don’t have to go into management in order to progress.
- Have your voice heard: teams are big enough to be supportive but small enough for everyone to be heard.