Senior Data Scientist
18th Nov 2020 / 14:47
Location: Flexible location
Type: Full Time or Part Time
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Netacea provides a revolutionary bot management solution that protects websites, mobile apps and APIs from malicious attacks such as scraping, credential stuffing and account takeover. We have developed our own cutting-edge machine learning algorithms to solve real-time feedback on huge unlabelled data sets.
As a Senior Data Scientist at Netacea you will be a key part of a team responsible for researching, prototyping and developing new data-driven solutions to real-world problems. As part of a multiskilled team you will be solving complex, real-time problems on true Big Data sets, ultimately providing robust solutions as part of the Netacea product.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist who is passionate about technology, experimentation and collaboration. The team has a broad responsibility for developing Netacea’s Analytics and Machine Learning capabilities. Together we:
- Effectively analyse and understand large, complex datasets
- Explore new business & data problems through the application of statistical methods and machine learning
- Drive solutions from research, through prototype and into production to directly contribute to the Netacea product
- Collaborate with other areas of the business to ensure we’re always producing high quality, data-driven solutions
- Keep up to date with latest developments in ML/Deep Learning/Data Science
- Champion Data Science principles throughout the wider business
Additionally, we would expect you to:
- Lead, document, and communicate data science projects
- Support the team through reviewing work and mentoring others
- Encourage innovation through research and experimentation
- Be passionate about code quality and best practices
Skills & Competencies
- Experience using Python and common packages to solve real-world Data Science problems
- Experience developing machine learning pipelines for real-world problems and data
- Experience working with big data and associated tech, preferably Apache Spark
- A strong mathematical background, with sound knowledge of statistical techniques
- An understanding of common ML approaches, when to use them and how to assess performance
- A scientific mind set; the ability to form hypotheses, plan experiments and clearly communicate results and outcomes to a range of audiences
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- A strong desire to learn and share knowledge with others
- Experience working with real time streams of data
- Software development experience
- A knowledge of AWS, in particular EMR, ECS and Lambda
- Experience with agile working methods
- Low level network knowledge such as understanding of HTTP protocols
- Weblog analysis experience
As a Senior Data Scientist at Netacea you will not be expected to know everything or be an expert in all facets of the job. You will be working as part of a growing team whose collective knowledge and experience add together to provide true value to the company. You will be supported in your learning through mentorship, training and freedom to experiment.
Perks of the job
- Flexible working: we trust people to do the right thing and don’t watch the clock.
- Social Events: Summer BBQ and Christmas Party, plus monthly events organised by our Social Committee.
- Free food: breakfast, fruit and snacks.
- Lunch & Learn: listen to and learn from people talking about a topic they are passionate about, or host one yourself in whilst grabbing a free lunch.
- Onsite hot drinks machine – enjoy your premium hot drink free of charge!
- Private medical insurance.
- Real career progression: as a fast-growing company, there is plenty of opportunity to learn from others and show what you can do.
- Life assurance: four times your salary for your beneficiaries.
- 25 days holiday: (plus bank holidays).
- Cycle to work scheme.
- We’re a team and therefore value technical skills for their own sake: you don’t have to go into management in order to progress.
- Have your voice heard: teams are big enough to be supportive but small enough for everyone to be heard.