Senior Software Engineer
10th Mar 2021 / 17:40
Location: Flexible location
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Netacea is a Manchester based business providing revolutionary products including website queuing system to prevent traffic to websites that may cause failure and bot management solution that protects websites, mobile apps and APIs from heavy traffic and malicious attacks such as scraping, credential stuffing and account takeover. Netacea was recently categorised by Forrester as a leader in this rapidly expanding market.
We have a hard working and professional culture but believe in having fun. We look for people who align with our values.
- WE ARE A TEAM: We believe that effective teamwork is the key to successful delivery.
- WE ARE DETERMINED: We don’t let obstacles get in our way and strive to deliver positive change.
- WE ARE OPEN AND FLEXIBLE: We listen to others and are prepared to change our views.
- WE GO THE EXTRA MILE: We help our customers and others in the team.
- WE WANT TO BUILD THE BEST PRODUCT: We deliver maximum value to customers quickly.
We are a diverse organisation and proud of it. We have people of varied ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion and political outlook. What unites us is our belief that our technology makes a difference.
You will be joining a rapidly growing team dedicated to taking TrafficDefender, our enterprise-grade virtual waiting room and online queuing solution, to the next level. TrafficDefender is used by the world’s biggest brands to securely and fairly control the flow of traffic into websites, guaranteeing service even when the volume of traffic exceeds that which the infrastructure can handle. This is a unique opportunity to be a core part of the next phase for this exciting product.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Netacea you will be responsible for delivering effective solutions with high quality code. You should feel comfortable working ‘full stack’ with all our services and creating new ones when required. Furthermore, you will be expected to formally take on mentoring responsibilities, ensuring best practices & development techniques are utilised.
Responsibilities and Key Skills
- To develop the Netacea product using NodeJS, meeting the agreed specifications
- To participate in our feature refinement process to agree technical specifications, functional and non-functional requirements for any given piece of work.
- To demonstrate working code and complete features to key stakeholders within the team and at sprint demoes
- To deliver code using the ‘test driven development’ methodology to ensure the highest levels of code quality.
- To work with test automation engineers to design and implement the full suite of automated tests at every level.
- To understand, design and contribute to technical documentation, to help keep it up to date and relevant.
- To participate in our agile process and feedback on improvements within our retrospectives
- To encourage effective means of software engineering, including (but not limited to) pairing, code reviews and continuous delivery within the team
- To learn new programming languages and infrastructure technologies, especially on AWS
- To introduce new skills, technologies and techniques into the team as you learn about them
- To work with Software Engineers and Junior Software Engineers to mentor them as they perform their day-to-day responsibilities.
- Have the ability to take an architectural/implementation plan of a project and to help lead the development process!
Skills & Competencies
- Software engineering related degree or equivalent experience developing production software.
- 2+ years working experience with relational databases.
- 2+ years of working experience with cloud infrastructure, preferably in AWS. Equivalent providers are considered.
- Experience with CDN/web worker development
- Experience with deployment pipeline and code-quality tooling, such as Jenkins, SonarQube etc.
- Experience building large-scale, software applications using NodeJS. Preferably using a microservice architecture
- Experience working within an agile team/environment.
The next role above Senior Software Engineer is Technical Lead. We would like to see you develop and progress towards this role. If this fits with your career aspirations, we will support you in this advancement with regular catch ups and objectives driven by yourself.