Technical SEO Specialist
07th Jan 2021 / 09:54
Location: Flexible location
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Netacea is a Manchester-based business providing a revolutionary bot management solution that protects websites, mobile apps and APIs from malicious attacks such as scraping, credential stuffing and account takeover by monitoring activity on APIs, mobile applications and websites, highlighting sources of automated traffic and giving users the tools to mitigate threats before serious business impact.
We provide a service that is unsurpassed in the ever-growing field of cybersecurity. Already identifying and mitigating the threat of Bots for some of the largest companies in the UK, Netacea is growing at speed and requires professional employees that thrive in a fast-moving environment.
We’re looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Technical SEO Specialist to join our growing marketing team. Reporting directly to the Head of Digital Marketing, you will be supporting the wider digital marketing strategy through search engine optimisation with the goal to expand our organic footprint and maximise lead-gen through organic search.
Why work for us?
We are a team and as such we take pride in being an open and flexible business. We are passionate about delivering great results for our clients – you will play an important role in helping to shape the future of our business.
The role – Be an SEO Thought Leader
- Work with the Head of Digital Marketing on devising SEO strategy, executing complex/technical changes as well as optimising existing content and build external links to maximise SEO output.
- Perform SEO audits, keyword research and assess SEO opportunities to identify quick-wins and gaps within existing content.
- Support the implementation of digital marketing campaigns and lead generation through SEO initiatives.
- Apply search engine optimisation strategies, keeping up to date with the latest SEO trends.
- Use enterprise SEO tools to make recommendations for content and site-wide improvements.
- Optimise web architecture, including web templates (WordPress) to support the SEO strategy.
- Identify new trends in digital marketing and SEO, ensuring these are up-to-date and evolving with the changing SEO landscape.
- Apply innovative yet effective SEO techniques. I.e Optimise for PPA/featured snippets through FAQs/Glossary pages.
- Track and report on monthly SEO performance.
- Work alongside the marketing and sales team to develop strategic tactics including internal site architecture enhancements and content crawling prioritisation.
- Assist in any other relevant projects as defined by the Head of Digital.
- Minimum 2 years working experience in technical SEO, including on/off-page optimisation and link building.
- Comprehensive understanding of SEO best practices, SEO strategies, on/off-page SEO, search term research, keyword targeting, technical optimisation and link building.
- Highly skilled in developing effective keyword targeting strategy, prioritizing SEO initiatives, and executing on planned SEO tactics. Must be able to provide case studies of successful execution of SEO tactics.
- Expertise in Google and Bing Search Consoles.
- Proficient in digital analytics platforms (I.e Google Analytics, SEMrush, etc.).
- Experience working with a CMS (preferably WordPress).
- Proficient in MS Office and excel.
- Digitally savvy and having a passion for the digital world.
- Goal-oriented with the ability to work independently as part of a team.
- A positive, proactive attitude. Having a good sense of humour is a plus.
- Organised and adaptable who thrives working in a fast-moving environment.
- Excellent communication and copywriting skills.
- Experience in a similar role, preferably within a B2B environment.
- A Marketing or Digital Marketing degree or similar qualification in marketing.
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Able to manage multiple projects and websites.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity.
- Hands-on experience with third-party enterprise SEO tools preferred
- Experience working with web optimisations tools to enhance UX.
Perks of the job
- Flexible working: we trust people to do the right thing and don’t watch the clock.
- Social Events: Summer BBQ and Christmas Party, plus monthly events organised by our Social Committee.
- Free food: breakfast, fruit and snacks.
- Lunch & Learn: listen to and learn from people talking about a topic they are passionate about, or host one yourself in whilst grabbing a free lunch.
- Onsite hot drinks machine – enjoy your premium hot drink free of charge!
- Private medical insurance.
- Real career progression: as a fast-growing company, there is plenty of opportunity to learn from others and show what you can do.
- Life assurance: four times your salary for your beneficiaries.
- 25 days holiday: (plus bank holidays).
- Cycle to work scheme.
- We’re a team and therefore value technical skills for their own sake: you don’t have to go into management in order to progress.
- Have your voice heard: teams are big enough to be supportive but small enough for everyone to be heard.