Flexible API Integration
By Netacea / 18th Jul 2018
Netacea API Integration
Our adaptive API architecture supports a wide range of infrastructure from leading product vendors, allowing you to integrate our machine learning risk reduction into your existing platform of choice. Here’s how our Netacea API integration is done:
The adaptive data model and micro-services API approach gives huge power and flexibility to ensure that even the most complex of visitor requirements can be elegantly and reliable handled at volume, using the existing infrastructure that enterprise customers already maintain and own.
We complement existing controls such as WAF rulesets, rate limiting and threat databases, to provide a deep analysis of all website visitors, through practical use of A.I. to understand human and bot behaviours and adjust their website journey in real-time.
- Programmatic granular control so you can use the Policy API to apply the threat analysis to wherever it is needed in the enterprise.
- The full API set allows you to customise the threat intelligence by behavioural type so you can fine-tune policies programmatically at volume. This is essential to help mitigate against the ‘slow and low’ bot that hides just below the radar of rate-limiting, disguised as normal visitors.
- Allows for a wide range of custom configurations to be deployed into a micro-service or in a particular set of legacy architecture.
- No need to login into yet another console.
- Can handle very large volumes of data.
- Threat analysis data feeds can be supplied in various formats so you can integrate the threat intelligence in the best way for your enterprise.
Ingest-Log Level Analysis
The heavy processing needed to establish standard deviations of ‘normal behaviour’ v abnormal behaviour can all done out of line without affecting your site’s visitors in any way via our Ingest streaming endpoint.
All the data is analysed by the machine learning engine, which is then able to provide a rich and detailed profile of who are the authentic versus the fake actors, browser emulators, and obvious bad actors, historical data is used to establish exactly what bots are doing on your site.
The policy API will allow you to configure policies based on complex conditional statements and rules, to allow you to automate the mitigation of visitors, grouped by behavioural characteristics. The Policy API will allow you to create, edit and delete policies programmatically, updating in real-time and integrating seamlessly with your estate.
Events & Recommendations
Netacea carries out near real-time analysis of the data provided and, based on the policies and configuration defined, provides recommendations as to how future requests should be handled.
Any actions that are taken (and reasons why) are provided to customers within the management interface delivering transparency and visibility into the performance of the solution. The facility to provide continuous feedback on any actions taken by Netacea is used to help eliminate false positives and to drive operational efficiencies that are tailored specifically to your traffic. These recommendations are provided by the Recommendations API.
The events API has several predefined channels for the output of this data and is typically implemented as a push-based API.
The Recommendations API can pass Automated Actions directly to the Web Application Firewall, or push recommendations to the Origin Server or chosen SIEM engine to enhance intelligence and mitigate attacks. Through consultation with our development team custom integrations can be devised and supported.
Talk to our team of data scientists today to discover more about our pioneering approach to API integration with bot management.