Get the Recording
When robots strike: The hidden dangers of business logic attacks
When organisations consider how to protect their web applications from attacks, they often focus on security scans and pen tests to identify technical security flaws. While this is absolutely correct, there is another risk that often remains undetected until it is too late: business logic attacks.
These attacks use legitimate application functionality, built to enable your customers to use your product or service, to bypass traditional defences and test stolen credentials, steal data and commit fraud. As we look to the future of cyber, one key trend is the rising levels of automation in online attacks, with malicious visitors looking increasingly like real users as they target and abuse an organisation’s unique business logic.
This presentation highlights some of the key challenges businesses face in protecting against this evolving threat and how they approach the associated risks.
Watch the video to learn more about:
- The key challenges businesses face in protecting against automated attacks
- Real-world examples of how organisations are being attacked
- The limitations of existing mitigation techniques
- How attackers are reverse-engineering your defences
- How to evaluate the risks and build better defences