04th Nov 2019 / 13:58
Location: Manchester, NW
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Netacea is a Manchester-based business providing a revolutionary bot management solution that protects websites, mobile apps and APIs from malicious attacks such as scraping, credential stuffing and account takeover by monitoring activity on APIs, mobile applications and websites, highlighting sources of automated traffic and giving users the tools to mitigate threats before serious business impact. We take pride in providing a service that is unsurpassed in the ever-growing field of cybersecurity.
Due to our continued growth, we are looking to find a Data Analyst to join the Netacea Data Science team. You will play an integral role in helping to find those threatening needles in the web traffic haystack, keeping our product on the front-foot and adding to our competitive advantage.
Our Data Analysts are an essential part of driving value through our platform. New data is always arriving through our streaming data platform, and it’s the Data Analysis team that helps to find new emerging threats in this changing landscape.
Why work for us?
We are a team and as such we take pride in being an open and flexible business. We are passionate about delivering great results for our clients - you will play an important role in helping to shape the future of our business.
- Data exploration – understanding and building your familiarity with data.
- Data Analysis – deriving useful information from raw data and using that information to build visualisations and reports.
- Interpreting findings and drawing upon how they relate in a business context.
- Presenting findings for internal and external, technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience producing customer-facing reports from data.
- Experience with Python for Data Science (i.e. numpy, sklearn, matplotlib) or similar programming languages
- Common BI visualisation tools, such as Tableau or Power BI.
- Experience presenting findings to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to plan and estimate tasks, working closely with the Product Owner to understand requirements and deliver to specification.
- Must be willing to be hands-on and contribute to all activities within each of our client's projects.
- Experience of Web applications and weblog analysis
- Knowledge of distributed big data processing platforms such as Hadoop and Spark
- Experience with the ELK stack – Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana
- Familiarity with AWS services
Perks of the job
- Flexible working: we trust people to do the right thing and don’t watch the clock.
- Social Events: Summer BBQ and Christmas Party, plus monthly events organised by our Social Committee.
- Free food: breakfast, fruit and snacks.
- Lunch & Learn: listen to and learn from people talking about a topic they are passionate about, or host one yourself in whilst grabbing a free lunch.
- Onsite hot drinks machine – enjoy your premium hot drink free of charge!
- Private medical insurance.
- Real career progression: as a fast-growing company, there is plenty of opportunity to learn from others and show what you can do.
- Life assurance: four times your salary for your beneficiaries.
- 25 days holiday: (plus bank holidays).
- Cycle to work scheme.
- We’re a team and therefore value technical skills for their own sake: you don’t have to go into management in order to progress.
- Have your voice heard: teams are big enough to be supportive but small enough for everyone to be heard.
Please note, agency applications will not be responded to.