Senior Data Scientist
25th Nov 2019 / 13:58
Location: Manchester, NW
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Netacea is a Manchester-based business providing a revolutionary bot management solution that protects websites, mobile apps and APIs from malicious attacks such as scraping, credential stuffing and account takeover by monitoring activity on APIs, mobile applications and websites, highlighting sources of automated traffic and giving users the tools to mitigate threats before serious business impact. We take pride in providing a service that is unsurpassed in the ever-growing field of cybersecurity.
Due to our continued growth, we are looking to find a Senior Data Scientist to join the Netacea Data Science team. You will play an integral role in helping to find those threatening needles in the web traffic haystack, keeping our product on the front-foot and adding to our competitive advantage.
Our Data Science team help to drive innovation through the application of advanced statistical analysis and machine learning techniques. Pairing mathematical ability with a keen understanding of our data and problem-space, our Data Science team ensure that we are providing data-driven solutions to the business’s key initiatives.
Why work for us?
We are a team and as such we take pride in being an open and flexible business. We are passionate about delivering great results for our clients - you will play an important role in helping to shape the future of our business.
- Lead the design, planning and execution of experiments to contribute to company initiatives.
- Mentor junior members of the team to help improve technical and non-technical skills.
- Ensure industry best practice is observed within the team relating to processes and methods adopted throughout projects.
- Provide consultative expertise as part of key client engagements.
- Plays a key role in research, design, implementation and evaluation of solutions to tackle data-focused initiatives.
- Maintains knowledge of best practice from industry and academic research for dealing with our key technical data challenges.
- Refine reports or presentations of work completed by more junior members of the team for consumption outside of the data science department.
- Help foster collaboration with other departments in the business.
- Produce internal content (presentations, blog posts) to share the progress made by the data science team.
- Identify and target external events to present techniques/challenges met by Netacea in the wider data science industry/community.
- Educated to Master’s or PhD level in a mathematical or computer science discipline.
- Experience with statistical analysis and modelling in a commercial setting.
- Familiarity with using machine learning to solve real-world problems.
- Experience with modern machine learning frameworks such as sklearn, Keras and Tensorflow.
- A track record of project ownership and leading others to achieve a common goal
- Programming experience with Python and/or Spark.
- Experience of Web applications and weblog analysis
- Knowledge of distributed big data processing platforms such as Hadoop and Spark
- Experience with the ELK stack – Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana
- Familiarity with AWS services
Perks of the job
- Flexible working: we trust people to do the right thing and don’t watch the clock.
- Social Events: Summer BBQ and Christmas Party, plus monthly events organised by our Social Committee.
- Free food: breakfast, fruit and snacks.
- Lunch & Learn: listen to and learn from people talking about a topic they are passionate about, or host one yourself in whilst grabbing a free lunch.
- Onsite hot drinks machine – enjoy your premium hot drink free of charge!
- Private medical insurance.
- Real career progression: as a fast-growing company, there is plenty of opportunity to learn from others and show what you can do.
- Life assurance: four times your salary for your beneficiaries.
- 25 days holiday: (plus bank holidays).
- Cycle to work scheme.
- We’re a team and therefore value technical skills for their own sake: you don’t have to go into management in order to progress.
- Have your voice heard: teams are big enough to be supportive but small enough for everyone to be heard.
Please note, agency applications will not be responded to.